Monday, April 06, 2020

Kansas City Democrat: Legislature returns to Jefferson City to do what should have been done before Spring Break

(From Rep. Ingrid Burnett, D-Kansas City)

I will be going to Jefferson City on Wednesday. We will be authorizing the spending authority for the Governor that we (The Democrats) tried to give him when we completed the budgeting requirements prior to leaving for Spring Break (last week).

It would have been possible for the House to deliver a supplemental budget to the Senate that would have covered the costs associated with providing economic and health related relief.








Unfortunately, our Republican colleagues chose to take the position that we were over reacting and instead, needed to take a more “measured approach” and come back should the need arise.

Which it did.

When I arrive at the capitol on Wednesday, I will have my temperature taken. I will be asked a series of questions. If I pass, I will go to my office where I will listen to select “approved” speakers on the supplemental budget that will pass regardless of my position.

If I don’t pass, I will be coerced to leave.

You got a problem with that??

No comments: