Saturday, June 27, 2020

After five stents, two surgeries and two Code Blues, former KODE reporter Robb Hanrahan recovering at home

Eight days after suffering a massive heart attack, Robb Hanrahan, an anchor at CBS 21 News in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, is recovering at home.

Hanrahan, who began his journalism career at KODE in Joplin in the mid-80s, revealed the good news in a message posted Friday on the Facebook page of his wife, Stacey Hanrahan, who is an assistant news director and meteorologist at the station.

From the precipice of death:

Today came rather unexpectedly. With all your prayers and love, the fantastic cardiology and other teams at UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg Hospital (more on them later), I am able to report I have been released from the hospital to recover at home with my loving family. The last week or so has been the most challenging of my life.








Last Wednesday morning, I suffered a massive heart attack. Through divine intervention, I was already at the hospital when my heart stopped the first time, but the second time I "coded blue" things weren't looking good.

After five stents and two surgeries I am now venturing down what will be a long cognitive, emotional and physical recovery. Your support, well wishes and prayers pulled me through. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. (More on that later, too.)

 Much love, Robb

No comments: