Friday, June 05, 2020

Former KODE anchor Jennifer Penate hired as evening anchor at Tampa, Florida station

Jennifer Penate, a reporter and evening news anchor at KODE from 2012 to 2017 is moving to a bigger market.

Penate, a reporter and evening anchor at KNWA in Rogers since leaving the Joplin market three years ago, announced on her Facebook page Thursday night that she has taken a new position as evening anchor at WFLA in Tampa, Florida:

It's a bitter sweet day at KNWA The 10 o’clock newscast will be my last in Northwest Arkansas.

For the past three years, you've allowed me into your homes as a trusted source for information. I will forever cherish the privilege you gave me to share your stories and become part of your daily lives.

I've met countless incredible people and have made so many lasting friendships. It’s also been an honor to give back to my hometown as a mentor to young people, speaker, and supporter of so many organizations.










But I’m so excited to begin a new chapter in life. I will be joining our sister station WFLA in Tampa, Florida as an evening anchor in the coming week.
Thank you for all the love and support. This is my hometown and it will always have a piece of my heart.


Penate was a finalist for a regional Emmy award in the health/science category for her report "Mom Sheds Light on Postpartum Depression Behind Bars," in 2019.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KNWA is in Rogers, not Little Rock.

Randy said...

What's worse is that I not only knew that, but I have labeled it correctly in earlier posts. Thanks for catching that. I will get it changed.