State Treasurer Eric Schmitt today announced his senior staff selections for the Missouri State Treasurer’s Office.
The selections include Christopher Wray, Deputy Treasurer; Matthew Panik, Chief of Staff; Jillean Long Battle, Assistant Deputy Treasurer; David Pearce, Senior Policy Coordinator; Jonathan Hensley, General Counsel; Andrew Dziedzvic, Policy Coordinator; and Garrett Poorman, Communications Director.
“The people of Missouri will be well-served by the talented group of professionals we’ve assembled for our team,” said Schmitt. “Every member of the incoming staff is dedicated to making our vision of government transparency, economic opportunity, and private sector job growth a reality.”
Christopher Wray - Deputy Treasurer
- Previously practiced law at Shook, Hardy & Bacon, LLP and brings extensive experience as an accomplished attorney and certified public accountant to the position.
- Graduated from Washington University in St. Louis and Notre Dame Law School.
- Has served on the accounting faculty of the University of Notre Dame and Avila University.
- Began his career practicing public accounting in Kansas City and St. Louis.
Matthew Panik - Chief of Staff
- Previously served as Chief of Staff for Schmitt for the past five years in his State Senate office.
- Has extensive experience tackling complex legislative issues and crafting public policy.
- Graduated from the University of Dayton and the Saint Louis University School of Law.
Jillean Long Battle – Assistant Deputy Treasurer
- Previously served as Chief Deputy Treasurer and General Counsel to Indiana State Treasurer Kelly Mitchell.
- Has wide-ranging experience with economic development programs, pension policy, and public finance.
- Graduated from the University of California, Berkeley and the Indiana University McKinney School of Law.
David Pearce - Senior Policy Coordinator
- Previously served eight years as a State Senator and six years as a State Representative.
- Has decades of experience in finance, banking, and community development.
Jonathan Hensley - General Counsel
- Previously Deputy Director of the Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation. Began his state service as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Missouri.
- Extensive agency management, trial practice, and appellate litigation experience.
- Graduated from the University of Missouri and the St. Louis University School of Law.
Andrew Dziedzic - Policy Coordinator
- Has previously served as Deputy Campaign Manager for Eric Schmitt for Missouri and a policy analyst for the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Graduated from Xavier with a Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy, Politics, and the Public.
Garrett Poorman - Communications Director
- Previously served as Digital Media Director for the Missouri Republican Party.
- Graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science.