Sunday, March 11, 2018

Reader says I deserved to have my car hit by uninsured motorist because I support Obamacare

I don't know who Tracy is or whether Tracy is a man or a woman, but one thing is for certain- Tracy, a commenter on the Turner Report post about my collision with an apparently uninsured motorist at 7th and St. Louis, feels like I had it coming to me.

Tracy is not saying that because I have damaged people's lives by writing about the crimes they have committed as some readers offered after I was punched by an irate reader at my apartment September 11.

Tracy feels I had it coming because I supported Obamacare and wrote about it.


Here is Tracy's comment:

This may be another form of karma. 
Several years ago, Randy bragged about, and extolled the virtues of, Obama Care, and about how cheap his insurance was. He made no comment about it being taxpayer subsidized. (somebody else paying for his cheaper care) 
With Randy's insurance paying for this claim if he has uninsured motorist coverage, he's subsidizing someone without auto insurance. 
As a liberal, who not only encourages this kind of wealth redistribution, he's also a recipient. Randy shouldn't have written an article complaining about this occurrence. He should be celebrating it!
Apparently, Tracy is unaware that the liberal Obamacare plan was originally created by a conservative think tank and was first employed by the administration of Republican Gov. Mitt Romney in Massachusetts, where it was highly praised.

The plan did not become "liberal" until it could be associated with Barack Obama and the Democratic Party.


I come from a time when people still remembered that it was liberals who were responsible for Social Security, Medicare, civil rights, child labor laws, and so many other things that we take for granted.

In that time, "liberal" was not used as a fallback term by people who were not clever enough to come up with reasonable arguments to back their beliefs.

During that time, politicians of both parties looked for ways to make people's lives better instead of playing on their fears that there are people out there who are getting something they don't deserve (like a higher minimum wage, affordable health care or being treated like human beings).

I can't imagine the kind of thinking that takes a person in that direction. I would not wish for even my worst enemies to be sucker punched or to have their cars hit by uninsured motorists.


I certainly hope making that comment brought a ray of sunshine into Tracy's life.

I suppose I should say I hope Tracy has to experience something like what has happened to me but that is not the way I think.

I guess I am just a soft-hearted liberal.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

just a heads up; Missouri has 14% uninsured motorists on the road. Let's change that citizens

John said...

It's amazing how few people know that the ACA was developed by a conservative think tank.

Anonymous said...

I don't care who came up with it, Democrats forced it on the entire country. No Republican voted for it.
The small business where I work offers healthcare to the 24 employees and in the past 2 years the cost has skyrocketed. The choice for owners is either pay through the nose for coverage or pay a lower amount for plans with such high deductibles that it really isn't worth having. At the end of this year they have been told to expect another 15 to 30 percent increase.

So, who cares who had the original concept? I care about who it was that made it law.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your run-in with the uninsured motorist. Happy to know you were not seriously injured. Unfortunately, yours isn't an isolated incident; thanks for the statistics Jason Allen.

Anonymous said...

When you say a five-year-old girl is an example of the #metoo movement going to far, I am hard-pressed to find any sympathy for you.

Anonymous said...

We need to have insurance coverage equally for all. The same way Medicare coverage is available to those over 65.

Anonymous said...

You are nothing other than a lying weasel who hurts others with your lies, so it is understandable that others want to see you in pain or distress and think that God might have something to do with it.

Yes, you are all for "Obamacare" as a parasite wanting others to pay for your medical care. As over 80% of the bill is for administrative overhead it would be cheaper for everyone to simply pay out of their own pocket as opposed to buying "insurance" which is largely worthless.

You got hit by yet another illegal immigrant, whose criminal activities started with coming here as a parasite and whose latest activities were in hitting you without valid liability insurance. But you support this policy so now that it affects you so you claim be hurt when irresponsible foreign criminals do what they do, namely predate upon citizens.

If it were up to me I'd deport you both.

Anonymous said...

Copy and paste from another post; also seemed appropriate here! (See 7:14)

There are times when I start to respond to some of these mean-spirited comments. Usually I decide not to enter the fray. However, calling names is not appropriate. It is immature, unnecessary and does not advance constructive conversation. So, please stop.

Steve Holmes said...

7:14, I think you need a hobby. Take up yoga or knitting. Something to keep you from spewing that which you don't know.

Where are Randy's lies, 7:14. Give me three examples. No, let's make it one. Make it easier on you.

Do you *know* the guy who hit Randy was illegal? Not *suspect*? Do you *know*?

I'm with you much of the way on Obamacare. My premiums have shot up. If you want to find parasites, though, look at the GOP. It removed the requirement that people buy health insurance, thus paying into the system. Now, some idiot can choose to do without insurance just because he can, and the rest of us wind up paying for any care he receives and can't pay for. The hospital absorbs the cost. My premiums go up because of the jackass. I get robbed either way.

Meanwhile, no one's attacking the true problem: Why health care is so expensive to begin with?

Anonymous said...

GOP parasites? Premiums shot up before the requirement to buy was removed. Your statements are nothing but partisan crap. Put blame where blame is due... Dems alone forced the AHCA on us which caused rates to skyrocket. The Republicans blame comes from not repealing all of it.

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll try for the 3rd time. Don't know if the "moderator" isn't allowing my comment, or I'm too challenged to be able to complete my post on my phone.

Do you know the difference between a kind- hearted Liberal and a kind- hearted conservative? A kind- hearted Liberal is generous with other people's money, while the Conservative is generous with their own.

I'm happy you weren't injured. I was just commenting about karma, and about how you were complaining about the same thing you were bragging about taking advantage of with Obamacare.

Taxpayers subsidizing able bodied, non-indegent people's health insurance is the same as insured drivers having to pay for non- insured drivers. I notice you didn't address that point in your new article...

Tracy

Steve Holmes said...

Partisian? I don't like Obamacare, either, 4:55. My premiums shot up while the Dems were in office.

Tell me who pays when someone who's refused to buy insurance needs medical care and can't afford it. The hospitals absorb the cost and pass it along to me and other policyholders when we need something done. I get a rectal exam whether I wanted one or not. The party that promotes individual freedom is making me pay for someone else's poor choice.

9:33, I guess you haven't heard of the latest budget, in which kind-hearted Conservatives are being plenty generous with other people's money.

Anonymous said...

Steve,

They're not Conservatives making that budget. They're Republicans, but that's not the same. They are establishment politicians, and part of the problem. They are taking away individual liberties almost as much as Democrats.

Tracy

Anonymous said...

My mistake. Not partisan, you just talk out of your ass. You say you don't like Obamacare because it costs you money yet complain when you are given a choice on how your money is spent. So what would your solution be? Force people to buy a product or not? Blame those who forced higher prices or blame those that allow you to opt out? Or are you just complaining that healthcare costs are too high? If that is the case, blame insurance companies not Republicans.

Steve Holmes said...

My solution:

Let people opt out of insurance. No one should be forced to take coverage. If they opt out, put it in writing so that all hospitals and emergency services know that person has opted out. If he shows up for treatment, he has to pay. No hospital freebies. If he cannot afford the care, he will die on the hospital steps. When that happens enough, people will get the message.

When did I complain that I was given a choice how my money was spent?

Yes, health care costs are too high. There are some powerful people very happy we're having this argument about insurance. It diverts attention from the real problem: the high cost of getting and staying well. I'm not smart enough to figure out the answer. But get enough sharp minds focused on the problem and maybe we'll find a solution. As long as we focus simply on insurance, the costs don't come down.

Done talking now. My ass is out of breath.

Anonymous said...

Wow. These comments went way out in left field.
About the subject: Randy I am glad you were not injured, and I truly hope everything works out for you.

Anonymous said...


Here is a little article directly from a RWNJ named Erick Erickson that was printed in multiple papers:

"Despite all the hard talk about repealing Obamacare, Mr. Trump’s voters supported a man who promised a government-run health care plan that would provide universal coverage. In other words, he promised more than Obamacare. For that matter, Mr. Trump promised more government involvement in health care than Hillary Clinton did. It is not hard to see why Republicans think they can get away with breaking their promises. Their own party’s presidential nominee promised more than what President Obama offered and claimed he could pay for it all without raising taxes.

Mr. Trump’s voters want Obamacare, but they want Mr. Trump’s gold-plated branding on it. They claim to hate Obamacare, but data show a good number of Mr. Trump’s voters are actually using the Affordable Care Act. Just don’t tell them that the Affordable Care Act is Obamacare. They like the former and hate the latter."

Evidently this Republican must have overestimated the intelligence of Trump supporters.