Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Muschany to Webster-Kirkwood Times: "My wife prayed and thought hard about this for several months"

Comments made by Rep. Scott Muschany at the time he announced his decision not to seek re-election are quite fascinating in light of the announcement today that he has been indicted for felony deviate sexual assault on a 14-year-old girl.

Muschany's decision was announced only five days after the day he allegedly assaulted the girl. This was what he told the Webster-Kirkwood Times:

"I may have an opportunity to run for office again in several years, but I will never have another opportunity to raise Theodore and Hayes (his 12 and 5 year old sons)," Muschany said. "My wife and I prayed and thought hard about this for several months. In the end, we decided that to do the job right just takes too hard of a toll on a family, especially when you have young children."

No comments: