Thursday, June 15, 2006

Joplin National Guardsman singled out during president's visit


Blackanthem Military News has a nice feature on Sergeant Twyla Gange from the Joplin National Guard unit who found herself the focus of attention briefly during President Bush's visit to Iraq earlier this week.
After the president finished addressing the troops, he spotted Sgt. Gange, who had been trying her best to look around taller soldiers to see him. He signed her hat, according to the story, and had someone use Sgt. Gange's camera to take a photo of the two of them, which accompanies this post.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least she looks like she is from Joplin.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment above, or she could have her ugly mug on some cereal boxes hocking Lucky Charms. Wonder where W's hand is? Maybe searching for her pot-o-gold?

Anonymous said...

WOW...what horrible comments!

It had to be exciting for this soldier serving her country and being away from her family! One may not always agree with the President but what a memorable experience for this lady!

Anonymous said...

For God's sake, she is living in a hot dry place without any beauty shops or any of the other things we easily enjoy here. I bet makeup does not stay on in that heat. Give she a break and a thank you!!

Anonymous said...

How cruel can you be! Shame!

Anonymous said...

What vicous comments about Sgt. Twyla Gange. Shame on those who posted them. While I am an outspoken critic of the War in Iraq, and of President Bush (he is actually waging war on freedom, considering the constant erosion of our civil liberties under his administration), I am a supporter of our military men and women who have served so well in a difficult situation. Sgt. Gange has a face that is full of character, and only God knows the personal sacrifices she has made to serve our country. I admire her for her professionalism and commitment. She represented Joplin with dignity and grace. She is, simply, quite beautiful to me. I invite those anonymous posters to pick on me instead -- I have a face that would stop a clock. But I doubt that Sgt. Gange needs me to defend her. I'll bet she can hold her own in any situation. Hats off, sergeant, and please come home safely.