Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Goodbye to Lucas McDonald


Hometown Today host Lucas McDonald is receiving his goodbye from his KSN colleagues even as I write these words.
McDonald, who has been with the station since January 2004, is leaving to take a position with Wal-Mart.
McDonald will work at the company's Emergency Operations Center in Bentonville. "I will still be watching the weather very closely," he told The Turner Report. "My new department coordinates with FEMA and the Red Cross after a major disaster to help get supplies to areas of need."

Though he won't be giving Joplin area viewers the weather each morning and noon, McDonald said he will still be doing what he wants to do. "I don't really look at this as getting out. I got into TV to study the weather and help people through the severe events. I will still be doing that, just in a different way."

I have mentioned before that I appreciate the kindness and professionalism that Lucas and Toni Valliere showed on May 21 when Natural Disaster appeared on Hometown Today. He has worked hard and the show has improved immensely, thanks to that hard work.

Good luck, Lucas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss you Lucas!! Good luck to you in your new job.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Lucas. I enjoyed you on air.

Anonymous said...

You will be missed. I hope Jerimah will not be taking your place.

Anonymous said...

I never much cared for Lucas. His forecasts were fairly innacurate. I once heard him forecast snow in July!