Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bradley: Barack is the one who can beat McCain

Missouri native and former New Jersey Sen. Bill Bradley says Barack Obama offers the Democratic Party its best chance to beat John McCain in November. During an interview on today's Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer on CNN, Bradley, who is also a superdelegate, says he is not worried at all about a matchup between Obama and McCain:

I'm not worried. I think Barack has by far the best chance. When it comes to the Iraq war, he did not vote for it. He is the only candidate running who did not vote for the Iraq war that we're now in and regretting that we've gotten ourselves into.

I look at this and I say, one of the major differences is Barack has reached out to all Americans. He's reached out to Democrats, independents, Republicans. And he's telling them the same thing.

He's not slivering off the electorate into demographics with special messages. He's not going out slash and burn. He's telling people what he believes and what he cares about and where we can go as a people if we are unified, and that he can be the agent of unifying and inspiring us.

I mean, I don't see how that's not what the country wants and needs. I mean, you know, if you think about it, putting your country ahead of party and telling people the truth is what we need in a leader. Barack Obama represents that.

No comments: