Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A thank you to Turner Report/Inside Joplin readers

I certainly have a lot to be thankful for and one of the things at the top of the list is you, readers of the Turner Report and Inside Joplin.

Both of those blogs are now averaging more than six thousand readers per day and that is because of you.

Thanks to those of you who have subscribed or sent contributions and to those who have helped spread the word by liking and sharing posts and through word of mouth. I was fairly desperate when I decided to go to a model similar to NPR or public television and sell subscriptions to something that people can access for free. Thanks to those of you who have encouraged me through your support, whether it be financially or by telling others about the news, information, and commentary that are available on the blogs.

Thanks also to those of you who went to Amazon for the free and reduced price e-book downloads of my books last week. More than 200 books are on the computers or devices of readers.

I have been asked by some when my next book is coming out. I am currently working on three- a followup to Silver Lining in a Funnel Cloud, a followup to Let Teachers Teach and the long-delayed Joplin Tornado book that I wrote about last year, but was delayed due to that pesky triple bypass surgery and because I had some information I wanted to add to it. I will have further announcements about the book projects in the near future.

Let me close by thanking you once again for your support, which has made an experiment in alternative journalism a success.

No comments: