Monday, March 18, 2024

Joplin man accused of driving drunk on Rangeline with unrestrained child in car

The Jasper County Prosecuting Attorney's office filed driving while intoxicated and endangering the welfare of a child charges against a Joplin man today.

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Chirosi Ichiro (DOB 1995) with his bond set at $5,000 surety or $1,000 cash.

From the probable cause statement:


On 03/17/2024, Witness 1 called the Joplin Police Department saying they were following a possible impaired driver, W1 then began to follow a Maroon Chevy Traverse on S Range Line Road. The Traverse made several traffic violations, such as failing to maintain lane, and driving in opposite lanes of travel. 








W1 followed the vehicle to the area of E Salem Ave/ N Brownell Ave, where W1 lost sight of the Traverse as it went eastbound in the alley. 

I located the vehicle in the backyard of a residence, I approached the driver door and located Chirosi Ichiro, who appeared to be asleep, leaning against the wheel. I also located an unrestrained child V2 in the backseat, with no restraint device. 

I knocked on the door and contacted Ichiro, as he opened the door and looked up, I observed several clues of impairment, such as extremely bloodshot and watery eyes, I was also met with an overwhelming odor of intoxicants coming from the vehicle. There was an empty Heineken bottle in the center console that was cool to the touch. 

I asked Ichiro how much he had to drink, and he said a 12 pack. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made it home but not inside 🤡

Anonymous said...

I've never been so drunk that I forgot to buckle my child into their car seat.

Anonymous said...

First "youth club" soccer team, circa 1977, riding to practice with a teammate and our coach, who was his dad. Coach/dad/driver casually reaches behind his seat into a styrofoam cooler for a can of Millers Lite. I thought nothing of it and neither does his son. We practice, return home, no harm no foul. Also, none of us were wearing seatbelts. Looking back, that wasn't his first beer of the day, nor his last. Huh. Odd.

Anonymous said...

No harm no foul because nobody snitched out.