Friday, March 08, 2024

Newton County Sheriff won't seek another term


(From the Newton County Sheriff's Office)

“I have decided not to seek re-election and will retire at the end of this term. Due to a health event a few months ago, my family have been encouraging me to retire. After 44 years in Law Enforcement this was a hard decision for me.

The last 32 years of my career has been with the Newton County Sheriff’s Office. During my 2 terms as Sheriff, the Citizens of Newton County and the Employees of the Sheriff’s Office have been my top priority and I will continue to do everything I can to serve the Citizens and improve Employee benefits.








It has been a great honor to me to serve as your Sheriff. I apologize to my supporters and all the people that have been asking me to serve a third term. I am humbled by the confidence you have shown in me.”

-Sheriff Chris Jennings

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good riddance

Anonymous said...

Bye bye don't let the door hit ya
Where the good Lord split ya

Anonymous said...

Get out b4 FOP takes over Neosho City cops.

Anonymous said...

Why The Negativity - He was elected Twice by the Constituents of Newton County. People in our Country have an issue when their Person / Party - doesn't Win - but if the Majority Votes in a person to a position - They Win - - If you do not like it Vote for someone else next time - but stop complaining - -

Anonymous said...

@4:57 AM

Apparently you have not spent any time looking at the comments on this blog of practically anything that does not support the leftist liberal agenda. Personal ad hominem attacks is all you will find. You won't see an opposing argument or rebuttal based on fact. You will see name calling, hate and the ever popular catch-all of "But Trump........." It is sad, but it is the nature of society today that gets fed by sites like this.

Anonymous said...

Aw are u sad

Anonymous said...

Jennings gets full retirement after serving two terms. Whereas the allowing of Missourians to grow six pot plants took most of the corruption away so most of the piggies are retiring/