Saturday, February 09, 2008

Jackson brings the hammer down on Kinder in KY3 interview

Missouri's GOP lieutenant governor race may end up being as fascinating as the race for governor.
Former Rep. Jack Jackson is making it clear that he intends to stay in the race and not step aside now that Peter Kinder has bowed to pressure and dropped out of the governor's race.
As usual, David Catanese of KY3 Political Notebook, has the lowdown:

"Why? Why did he decide to do this?," Jackson asked, still reeling from the events in a interview Saturday morning. "I said to him, you were in Peter. You were running. I became very upset with him. I have to wonder, is it just a paycheck? Does he really care? Or what? I just don't get it. And I thought the world of Peter Kinder," Jackson said.

When I asked Jackson how he felt personally when Kinder received a rousing standing ovation for his decision Friday, Jackson pondered, "I wonder if they all stood up and cheered for him as Lieutenant Governor or because he got out of Kenny's race."

Jackson said no one from the party has asked him to get out of the race, and that his plan is to fight on. "I was on a radio show this morning and people were calling in 5-to-1 saying stay in it," Jackson said.

"I just think I'm going to get out there campaign, and I'm going to ask Peter really candid questions, like 'Does he care,?" Jackson said. "I will not attack him personally, but he made one decision, then he made another decision and now I have a primary," Jackson added.

No comments: