Monday, March 03, 2014

Besendorfer on new job: Now I can create better futures for families

In her introductory blog as the new chancellor of Western Governors University Missouri, former Joplin R-8 Assistant Superintendent Angie Besendorfer talks about what she accomplished in Joplin and what she hopes to accomplish in the future.

This opportunity to serve as your chancellor has represented the closing of a chapter in my life: I’ve left the realm of K-12 education and leapt into higher education leadership. I bring with me many fond memories, and I leave many great friends. I must say that my heart is filled with great memories and the faces of students, families and educators who made my journey richer. 
That said, I am embracing this new chapter in my life leading the WGU Missouri community. I know I will be learning every day, which excites me because I still love learning. I know I will have many new experiences and I’ll make more friends (I’m keeping the old ones too). One thing that won’t change is my quest to use high-quality education to create better life opportunities for people in my home state of Missouri.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I think she'll have a much better time relating to virtual students and their virtual parents than she did with the real ones in Joplin and Reeds Spring. I wish her luck in her virtual dream job.

Anonymous said...

Randy when will you leave her alone?

Anonymous said...

Have to love these on line Universities where you send in your fifty dollars and get a Doctor of Divinity Degree by return mail.

Anonymous said...

She should be right at home in the papermill diploma factory.

Anonymous said...

11:23 online is one word. Universities is not a proper noun and would not be capitalized. Same correction would apply to degree. I have to love someone who obviously needs some more education judging any type of university.

Anonymous said...

Good ole Bessie. Limping herself out as if she were the messiah to elementary education. I like to think she will get she deserves however she will probably thrive in the virtual world. As she has been living in the clouds for years.