Wednesday, May 27, 2015

East Middle School band director resigns

East Middle School band director Nick Moore has resigned, according to a post on his Facebook page.

In the message, Moore said, "As of today, I can announce that I have resigned from my position as theJoplin East Middle School Band Director and have taken on the position as the Kirksey Middle School Band Director in Rogers Public Schools. I've got some big shoes to fill and a legacy to continue, but I'm grateful for my time in Joplin and it's definitely a bitter sweet moment for me. This is best for me and best for my family. Thank you to all who have prayed for me. I truly believe God has had a plan for me and continues to have a plan for me. Words can not express my love I have for my students and parents in Joplin and I will miss them greatly. Thank you for everything!"

Moore is originally from northwest Arkansas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He also put this on the band's facebook page. We are going to miss him.

It is with a heavy heart that I bring this news to you. I am resigning from my position as EMS Band Director. I have been offered a position as a middle school band director in Rogers, Arkansas. As many of you know I have been driving from Bentonville to Joplin everyday for the past six years. My wife has a great job down here and it is closer to our hometown. This is a great move for my family because often times, my wife has been a single mother with how much I've been gone and traveling to and from Joplin.
Please know this decision has nothing to do with you as a student, or parent. It has nothing to do with Joplin Schools and it has nothing to do with other band directors. I have been extremely happy in Joplin and working with all of you. I wouldn't trade the last six years for anything. Many of the bonds I have created with you all, I know, will last a life time. I am sorry that I was unable to inform you before we let out for school. This is all new information and has all happened after school got out.
I will always look back on our time together with fondness and joy. I will miss you all tremendously and I hope that our lives continue to cross paths. I know that several of you are thinking, "If Mr. Moore is gone, there's no way I'm going to continue in band." And I think you all know exactly what I would say if you were to tell me that..."Don't be dumb." I want you all to continue with Band. It only gets more fun in High School and College. You know that our time together was never about the music. It was our ability to work together to achieve a goal. It was about becoming a family, even with people you thought you'd never talk to in your life. It's about expressing our emotions and being surrounded by people who feel those very same things. It was never about me. So please, continue on with band. You'll learn more in that class than probably all of your other classes combined. I know I did.
Thank you so much for the memories and if you would like to stay in contact with me. You can always e-mail me at mooreband@gmail.com or hit me up on Facebook. I'll always be there for you guys in any way that I can and I hope to see you all again soon.
Love,
Mr. Moore

Anonymous said...

Sad, Sad, Sad. He was an AWESOME band director!!!! He will be missed!!!