Friday, May 22, 2015

Turner, Hacker to team for third book

I keep telling myself that I am not going to write anything else about the Joplin Tornado, since I already have three books out on the subject and a fourth one, Silver Lining in a Funnel Cloud, which will be published in June,

Nonetheless, there will be a fifth book.

Carthage Press Managing Editor John Hacker, who was co-author of 5:41: Stories from the Joplin Tornado and Spirit of Hope: The Year After the Joplin Tornado,  will join me for a third time for a project we are tentatively titling 5:41: Five Years Later.

In the book, we are planning on including the following:

-New tornado stories that were not published in either of the first two books.

-Updates on the people whose stories were included in those books

-Stories on how Joplin has changed since May 22, 2011

-More photos

-Reporting and commentary from John and me

--Updates on construction, business, religion, and education in Joplin and how they have changed in five years

-More copies of important documents and speeches having to do with the tornado or the recovery

-Follow-ups on some of the unfinished stories from Silver Lining

Anyone who would like to submit a story and/or photos, can send them to me at rturner229@hotmail.com or can message them to me through Facebook. I will be contacting some people over the next few weeks.

John and I are excited about the project and we hope you will be, too.

-(Monett Times photo)

1 comment:

Pat Payne said...

Good luck with your new project, my friends.