The good news- it's full time.
The bad news- whoever gets it reports directly to C. J. Huff's bulldog chief operations officer Tina Smith:
Term: Full-Time/ 12 Months
Location: Administration Building
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree preferred in Human Resource related field;
3-5 years related experience and/or training in benefits and/or human resource related area.
Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Critical Thinking - Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening - Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, and ask questions as appropriate
- Speaking - Talk to others to effectively convey information
- Writing - Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Service Orientation - Seek ways to be of assistance to people
- Time Management - Manage own time effectively
- Technology Adept - Proficiency in computer operations such as word processing, excel spreadsheets, and other programs central to office efficiency
- Professionalism -Ability to maintain professionalism during stressful or difficult situations; Superior interpersonal skills
- Independent Work Ethic - Ability to work efficiently without close supervision
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning - Ability to Combine pieces of information to from general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
The coordinator contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resource services and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, high standards, and the ongoing recruitment and retention of a superior workforce. This is achieved by the performance of advanced, specialized, administrative oversight of daily employee benefits activities and processes.
- Supports the mission of Joplin Schools.
- Supports the value of education.
- Complies with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguards confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicates effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provides excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Keeps abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records and filing systems for accountability and audit purposes.
- Ensures that all activities conform to district, state, or federal guidelines.
- Serves as liaison to Chief Operations Officer on matters related to Employee Benefits and Workplace Safety/Workers' Compensation.
- Provide day-to-day general management for employee benefits activities under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer.
- Ensures all health plan documents and voluntary benefit descriptions are accurately maintained and appropriately disseminated.
- Effectively manage process for responding to Unemployment Claims.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents as directed, including but not limited to:
- Leave reports
- Workers compensation reports
- Safety program reports
- Completes benefits enrollment for new employees and newly benefited employees.
- Ensures that employees who work variable hours are accurately monitored and offered medical plan coverage as mandated by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Presents the benefits information for all new hire onboarding.
- Coordinates all enrollment processes for employee benefits.
- Completes the periodic reconciliation reports for each of the group benefit plans.
- Runs reports from the employee database to ensure the accuracy of benefit eligibility.
- Enters data into HRIS system ensuring the accuracy of information.
- Assists employees regarding benefit claim issues and plan changes.
- Responds to benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Works collaboratively with third party administrators for efficient and effective control of reporting and workflows.
- Responds to reconciliation requests from providers.
- Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to job.
- Work collaboratively within department and interdepartmentally to ensure efficient processes and achieve results.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Lifting up to 25 pounds
- The individual who holds this position is regularly required to walk, hear and speak and must have close moderate and distance vision ability.
Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
The work conditions and environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Conditions and Environment
The work environment is consistent with a typical office environment.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.