Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jane Cunningham: I can help Mitt Romney on education issues

In an interview with St. Louis Public Radio, outgoing Sen. Jane Cunningham, R-Chesterfield, volunteers her services to help Gov. Mitt Romney with education reform if Romney defeats President Obama in November.

As if Romney needed any more obstacles to overcome:


What are you going to do after you leave the Mo. Senate?
"I’m not sure…some of it will be determined by the upcoming election and what opportunities make themselves available…some people have talked with me about some leadership as far as the state party is concerned…if there is a Romney presidency, obviously I support his issues, particularly in the area of education reform…if I could find a place to contribute in either of those areas I would certainly be open to them."
Are we talking about a Cabinet position?
"[Laughs] I think that’s too big, definitely…I’ve put a lot of time in studying these issues and I know a lot about them, not just at a local or a state level, but nationally, because I’ve been working at a national level on education reform…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord help us.

Anonymous said...

I wish you had pointed out that there is no discernible difference between Romney's educational platform and Arne Duncan's. It's a bipartisan push to privatize education so both sides can make a boatload of money.

THAT'S what Cunningham won't point out and neither will the Dems. Vilify her (I have zero problem with that) but vilify the other players as well.

The point is, the Federal Government shouldn't be controlling education. It's a disaster (and not a power granted to that branch of government) and Cunningham and countless other Republicans and Democrats have contributed to the sorry state of education we currently have in MO.

Sign up for that federal money (which runs out) for more federal strings which then creates more state debt. Then evaluate your teachers on test results drawn up by private organizations. What a gig.

It's all about the money and control.