Sunday, September 04, 2016
Links provided to top Turner Report/Inside Joplin posts for this week
There are other stories that need to be covered and this week both the Turner Report and Inside Joplin have been dominated by one of those stories- the events stemming from the arrest of two men for an armed robbery at 7th and Moffet.
An examination of the dropping of charges against Ace Mohr (pictured) on two earlier armed robbery charges, as well as a detailing of the seven felonies for which he is currently awaiting trial in Jasper County Circuit Court, was the most visited post for the week.
Following closely, was the decision by Jasper County Prosecuting Attorney Dean Dankelson to charge the other man allegedly involved in the most recent armed robbery Steven Prall, 25, Joplin, on a felony possession with intent to distribute drugs, while at this point, no charges have been filed against Mohr.
The third top post featured the revelation that the Glades Law Firm, which has represented Ace Mohr, contributed $2,000 to Dankelson's successful campaign for judge three weeks after the election.
Obviously at that time, there was no way the firm knew that its client was a week away from being arrested for armed robbery.
The problem, which will be explored in a post later today, is the idea that lawyers contributed thousands of dollars to the campaigns of Dankelson and Steven Carlton, a concept that raises questions about the prized and absolutely necessary quality of judicial impartiality.
This is not a new problem, but it is one that deserves to have a spotlight shined on it every time it happens.
The 7th and Moffet armed robbery also provided the number one and five posts this week for Inside Joplin.
Sadly, this week's Inside Joplin Obituaries list is filled with the obits of people who were in their forties and younger, with three having just barely entered life.
The lists and links to each post:
The Turner Report
1. Prosecutor dropped earlier armed robbery charges against Carthage man
2. Dankelson files felony charge against Prall, nothing against Ace Mohr
3. Criminal defense gave Dankelson $2,000 three weeks after election
4. Substitute teacher charged with selling drugs to students
5. Joplin R-8 blocks media from attending meeting with McKinley parents
6. Motorcyclist who injured Joplin policeman released after posting $5,000 bond
7. Carthage businessman sentenced to 10 years on child porn charge
8. Spongebob plea fails- Neosho man sentenced to eight years in prison
9. Reader: There is more to the seduction of Roy Blunt
10. Joplin R-8 to take bids on Irving Elementary property
1. Joplin, Carthage men arrested for 7th and Moffet armed robbery
2. Three arrested at Carthage hotel with 400 pounds of methamphetamine
3. Joplin police officer injured by escaping motorcyclist
4. Joplin Police Department Weekend Arrests
5. Suspects captured after armed robbery at 7tn and Moffet
6. Jasper County Marriage Licenses
7. Jasper County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions
8. Joplin Police Department Arrests August 31-September 1
9. Joplin Police Department Arrests August 29-30
10. One arrested for DWI during Joplin Police weekend checkpoint
Inside Joplin Obituaries
1. Lucas Glover
2. Austin Russell
3. Reese Nuckles
4. Baby Belle
5. Blake Moser
6. Kim Smith
7. Jeff Smith
8. Mae Bandy
9. Melinda Stribling
10. Lee Campbell
1. Springfield motorcyclist killed in two-vehicle collision
2, Police: Springfield man kidnapped, tazed woman
3. Springfield Police searching for endangered, possibly suicidal, missing person