Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blog spam forces change in comment procedure

I offer my apologies to those who comment on Turner Report posts. Because of repeated spamming, I am having to add an extra step for commenters. For the last several months, I avoided doing this and simply got rid of each of the spam comments manually when they occurred.
Unfortunately, one called "Atlanta bankruptcy blog" has been leaving comment after comment, none of which has any connection with any of the posts. I have erased at least 30 comments in the last 24 hours and probably more than double that amount in the past few days.
So if you wish to leave a comment, you will need to type in the letters at the bottom of the screen each time. I'm sorry it came to this. I do appreciate your comments and hope you keep them coming. Thanks for understanding.

No comments: