Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Blunt defends Congressional pay increase


Give Seventh District Congressman Roy Blunt credit. While you can certainly argue with his decision to push a pay increase for himself and his colleagues, you have to appreciate the fact that he stands up for his efforts to improve the financial plight of the poor. underpaid Congress:

House Minority Leader Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) took a different view of the COLA increase last week.

"Every member has some obligation to the institution for the compensation to, as much as possible, keep pace with inflation," Blunt told reporters. "I think this should be as good of a job when I leave it as it was when I took it.''


The pay hike will increase Congressional salaries to $170,000 a year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hogwash. I was born at night but I wasn't born last night. What does he take us for?