Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Unity statement between Hulshof, Steelman camps could come today

Steve Walsh at Missourinet Blog reports a unity statement between the Kenny Hulshof and Sarah Steelman camps could be released as early as today, following a meeting Monday in Jefferson City:

Seriously ... I caught up with Hulshof Campaign Manager John Hancock who was short on details ... but did tell me he felt "invigorated" following the pow-wow. He described the meeting as "cordial," "effective," and "congenial."

As for exactly what happened ... Hancock told me I would have to wait for the release of a joint statement from the two campaigns. Nobody wants to read anything into adjectives like "cordial" and "congenial," but it sounds a lot better than if he had described the meeting using words that could be thought of as negative. Then again, if all is well and Sarah's on board ... why not shout it from the rooftops?

I await the joint press release ... which John told me could come Monday night or sometime Tuesday.:

No comments: