The article by Tracy Swartz includes the following passage:
Such inspections should be conducted every two years, but investigators in June 2004 found the wiring had not been reviewed since November 2001. Other fire safety hazards were noted. Officials said Wednesday they found improperly spliced wiring in the Anderson Guest House, which may have sparked Monday's deadly blaze. Authorities continued Thursday to probe the cause of the fire and any negligence by the facility's owners.
I have been surprised that the News-Leader has not examined Dupont's connection with the failed Springfield Guest House, which I detailed in the Nov. 27 Turner Report.