Sunday, November 19, 2006

Joplin Independent: Moark issued emissions violation notice

Even as Moark officials continue to pave their way to expansion in Neosho by greasing the palms for various elected officials, they have been issued a violation notice for excess odor, according to an article posted by Mari Winn on the Joplin Independent website:

The MDNR staff from the Neosho Satellite Office claims to have identified noticeable odors on November 2, 2006 in the morning en route to their office. According to Vitzthum, after returning with sampling equipment, the staffers obtained two detections of odor through the use of their scentometer on the National Guard property to the north of the composting facility. The Guard previously had given the MDNR officials permission to come on their property any time they needed to check for odors. The air samples were then sent to St. Croix, a laboratory in Minnesota, and were found to be above the regulated detection threshold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kept hearing about this RES plant in Carthage and the violations they have received and wondered what thte hoop was about. I was in Carthage the other day so decided to drive by and see if I noticed any odor. The only odor I smelled was when I passed by Con Agra. I pulled in awhile and sat by RES and I swear to you I smelled nothing, and no I am not employeed there or is my family.
I kept wondering why they are getting all this hounding when Moark in Neosho you can drive by daily and smell the stench. Have been able to for years without anything except new permits for more houses being built. No I'm not in on that lawsuit of sorts or live in that area either. I figured Daddy Blunt was in Carthage at the right time and was going to whoop his little boy's butt if something didn't get shown being done about RES so they could all pretend to be great politicians.
Well.....Daddy Roy needs a trip to Moark.....a real trip and don't let him put those nose plugs in either. Put him right out in the center of the house.
I dare you chicken Roy and little boy Blunt. This area voted you back in so get your arse down to Neosho and take care of the real stench called Moark.