Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Billy Long on KOLR: No strippers for me, I'm a meat and potatoes guy



Billy Long told KOLR Tuesday that his opponent, Scott Eckersley, owes him an apology, for promoting accusations by former Metropolitan Grill waitress Jennifer Case that he cavorted with strippers, and made racist, sexist, and homophobic comments.

Reporter Joy Robertson interviewed both Ms. Case and Long for the story, which featured mention that the Metro Mafia page on the Metropolitan Grill Facebook page has been taken down and that Long was at the Grill after 10 p.m. for the election watch on primary night.

Ms. Case says was not paid for appearing in Eckersley campaign videos. She said she thought Billy Long's candidacy was a joke when she first heard about it. "I didn't take it seriously."

Long said, "Everything in her allegations is 100 percent false."

He added, "It's character assassination; it's hurtful."

Long said he is not a member of the Metro Mafia. "Not everyone in Springfield likes me. I've got news for you. I'm  sure if there was such a party, there'd be some people there who wouldn't like me and they'd say, 'Sure he was here.' "

Long said, "Scott, you owe me an apology."

Eckersley, who was not on camera for story, says Long owes Jennifer Case an apology.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Asked about the anger of some online comments about him, Long seemed equal parts puzzled, angry and maybe hurt that anyone would make such an effort to discredit him.

"I deal from a positive prospective," he said. That's one thing about this political world I don't like: all the negative. I finally decided I just have to let it go like water off a duck's back."

Anonymous said...

Why can't we all just get along?

Anonymous said...

Just heard attorneys have met to plan actions after Tuesday's election. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

"She said she thought Billy Long's candidacy was a joke when she first heard about it. "I didn't take it seriously.""

AHAHAH I think both Republicans and Democrats thought the exact same thing.

Anonymous said...

What did you expect him to say, "I'm a breast and thigh guy."

Anonymous said...

Anon 11:49 -- do you really think Long or anyone else connected with the restaurant want to go on record and talk to attorneys?

Ask Joe Brazil, ask Jeff Roe.

You're blowing smoke on this one, sport.

Anonymous said...

Well Sport, did you mean Jeth Roe?

Not Long's people but to find the connection between that campaign and DefeatNodler.com.

May be smoke but what's your contribution to society, if I may call you Numnuts?

Jessica said...

I wouldn't have brought those accusations up in a debate. Aren't the accusations based on one person's unsubstantiated account? Even if the accusations were true, its not illegal to hang out with strippers and to use racial or homophobic slurs... just a poor decision for someone involved in politics. Aside from the hateful words he's accused using, I wouldn't see a single thing wrong with hanging out with strippers if he didn't wearing his family values on his sleeve. Maybe he can bring back nudity in Missouri's adult establishments! Please?