Friday, May 13, 2016

Charlie Davis to run for House majority whip

(From Rep. Charlie Davis, R-Webb City)

For the past six years, I have had the privilege of serving the people of Jasper and Newton counties in the 162nd District. I am very proud of the accomplishments of the Missouri Legislature during the past three legislative sessions.

Being on the Veterans Committee for six years and chairing the committee for the past four has been such a privilege and honor.

Having been on the whip team, I have seen the whip position develop into a technical and efficient position due to the technical knowledge of our current whip Rep. Delus Johnson.

When I was first elected to the House, we saw many members of the whip team running around the chamber or our offices with pieces of paper trying trying to get the count before an important vote.

We have seen the process develop into a non-intrusive voting system that makes it easy to get an accurate vote count. I have been involved in technology for 35 years and I know the system that is currently being used. I believe the system works well. I believe I could be a great asset to our caucus and the House as a whole as majority whip.

I am making the announcement that I will be seeking the nomination of Majority Whip and I ask for the vote and support of all my caucus members. I have fought hard for our state and my constituents and will continue for another two years as I have been blessed having the trust of my constituents as I once again run unopposed.

No comments: