Monday, May 16, 2016

Billy Long praises Supreme Court for respecting religious organizations

(From Seventh District Congressman Billy Long)

Congressman Billy Long (MO-07) issued the following statement following the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling in favor of religious employers objecting to Obamacare’s contraception insurance coverage:

“I am pleased that the Supreme Court has chosen to respect religious non-profit organizations’ objections to providing contraceptive measures,” said Rep. Long.“The federal government shouldn’t be able to coerce these groups into acting against their own beliefs and principles. I am confident that an agreement will be made that respects these groups’ religious freedoms, which I will continue to use every tool at my disposal to help defend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It really must be hard for Blubba to have to take time away from the Los Vegas poker tables every two years to try to justify the salary he does not earn. I see he has even resorted to trying to steal credit from the Court for a decision that was simply postponed because the Court is missing a Member. I don't recall ever encountering a bigger piece of work than Blubba Long.