Position: Director of Communications
Term: Full-Time/12 Month
Location: Administration Building
Qualifications: Masters Degree or equivalent in a related field; or four to ten years related experience and/or training;
Equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge of a high performing classroom preferred.
Experience of research and development of a strategic plan
Reports to: Superintendent
The individual in this position is responsible for the overall management and operations of programs related to district communcations.
- Supports the mission of Joplin Schools.
- Supports the value of education.
- Complies with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguards confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicates effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provides excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Keeps abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records and filing systems for accountability and audit purposes.
- Ensures that all activities conform to district and state guidelines.
- Must be data-driven
- Assist in the development of current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures.
- Establish plans to achieve goals set by the Board of Education and implements policies, subject to approval by the Board of Education.
- Make presentations as needed to other communities.
- Carries/shares the culture of the organization.
- Coordinate marketing efforts.
- Directing all efforts of public relations (both external and internal)
- Web design and updates
- Monitor and respond to various social media outlets
- Approval of outside publications dissemination
- Interpret Strategic improvement data to staff and community in a way that supports collaborative planning and effective implementation
- Measure improvement trends
- Systematically communicate progress to staff, teams, families, and other key partners.
- Design, implement and analyze a system for monitoring staff well-being, satisfaction and engagement as well as aligned reward, recognition, and training systems.
- Design, implement and analyze a system for developing and improving customer stakeholder and supplier relationships as well as for monitoring internal and external satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned
The individual who holds this position is regularly required to walk, hear and speak and must have close moderate and distance vision ability. The individual must be able to travel between district facilities. The position requires a moderate amount of travel.
Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
The work conditions and environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Conditions and Environment
The work environment is consistent with a typical office environment
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.