Position: Assistant Director of Student Services
Term: Full-Time/12 Month
Location: Joplin Schools Administration Building
Qualifications: Masters Degree in School Administration
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, parents and patrons;
Excellence in written communication;
Missouri Certification (or ability to obtain);
Proven leadership experience
Reports to: Executive Director of Student Services
Will work closely with Executive Director of Student Services and the Assistant Superintendent of Learning Services.
- Supports the mission of Joplin Schools.
- Supports the value of education.
- Complies with the privacy rights of students.
- Safeguards confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Communicates effectively with all the members of the school district and community.
- Provides excellence in customer service both internally and externally.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Keeps abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Maintains accurate records and filing systems for accountability and audit purposes.
- Ensures that all activities conform to district and state guidelines.
- Works to assist the Executive Director of Student Services and the Assistant Superintendent of Learning Services
- Ensures Special Education compliance
- Participate in staff evaluations
- Knowledge of ESSA
- Working with Federal Title programs
- Organize annual testing
- Works with district-wide data analysis
- Works with assessments, including MAP testing and NWEA assessments
- And other duties as assigned
The individual who holds this position is regularly required to walk, hear and speak and must have close moderate and distance vision ability.
Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
The work conditions and environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Conditions and Environment
The work environment is consistent with a typical office environment.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.