Saturday, September 19, 2020

Josh Hawley on Ginsburg vacancy: I pledge to vote for SCOTUS nominees who acknowledge Roe was wrongly decided


A few hours before the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was announced, Sen Josh Hawley, R-MO, repeated to KOLR his earlier statement that he was not interested in an appointment to the nation's highest court, despite being placed on a list of candidates by President Donald Trump.

"As I told the president when he called me and said he was going to put my name on the list, it's a great honor and I really appreciate his confidence in me and being willing to put me on the list, but I'm not interested.

"You know, my work is here in the United States Senate. I was elected to fight for Missouri in the Senate and that's what I'm going to keep doing."







After Justice Ginsburg's death was announced, Hawley posted the following tweet:

"Erin and I send our condolences to the Ginsburg family tonight. May Justice Ginsburg rest in peace."

Earlier this morning, Hawley weighed in with a tweet about the Supreme Court vacancy.

"Two months ago, I pledged to vote for #SCOTUS nominees who understand and acknowledge that Roe was wrongly decided. I stand by that commitment, and I call on my fellow Republican senators to take that same stand."

1 comment:

Dusty Roads said...

Ginsburg was a shill for the left...Hawley is a shill for the far right both despicable