Saturday, June 25, 2016

Turner Report apologizes for Tina Smith post

Over the years, there have been a number of times when Turner Report readers let me know that they think I have finally crossed the line.

These scoldings usually take place when I make an attempt at humor in my posts.

It appears that I really did cross the line Friday night with my post on former Joplin R-8 Chief Operations Officer Tina Smith.

In that post, I spent several paragraphs criticizing Smith for the damage she did to the school district with the cruel and vindictive way she handled her job. I wrote about her service as the attack dog for former Superintendent C. J. Huff and former Assistant Superintendent Angie Besendorfer.

I wrote about her shortcomings as a member of the Huff
administrative team and her shortcomings as a human being.

And finally, I accompanied the post with a stock photo of actress Margaret Hamilton in her iconic role as the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz. The idea was to give the impression that Tina Smith was a wicked witch.

With that, I finally crossed the line.

It occurred to me this morning that the late Margaret Hamilton, a well-respected actress who never did me (or anyone else, as far as I know) any harm did not deserve to be compared to Tina Smith.

It also occurred to me that I might also be unfairly criticizing the fictional Wicked Witch of the West by having anyone think that she had anything in common with Tina Smith.

I will be more respectful to Margaret Hamilton and the Wicked Witch of the West in the future.

I offer my sincere apologies.

12 comments:

kitty chiwawa said...

I thought your original post was funny. No complaints here.

Anonymous said...

That.Was.Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare use one of the flying monkeys to portray Mike Johnson!
Those fictional characters have some redeeming qualities.

Anonymous said...

I wonder why you don't get local advertisers on your site?

Anonymous said...

I imagine absolutely nothing would change your view. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

6:45 = troll.

Anonymous said...

The coming R-8 budgetary train wreck could have been total surprise for the taxpayers and students.

Except for The Turner Report.

Anonymous said...

You were absolutely right comparing Tina to the Wicked Witch. She caused an unbelievable amount of damage to the district, and should have been one of the first to go. The picture was so appropriate--I loved it!

Anonymous said...

7:59 = booger eater

Anonymous said...

Dude, move on.

Turner is vengeful, snarky . . . and still fired said...

Has it ever entered your little pointy liberal noggin that there is a reason why you have been fired from every job you ever held -- and blacklisted to boot?

If such a thought were to enter your head and you were to learn from the inevitable consequences of your behavior, you might straighten up and find a job -- if you were younger. For you it is much too late.

You can't move on because you can't move on.

Turner is a drama queen said...

It's your own fault that you wrote a pervy book and got fired for it. Move on with your life and stop being a drama queen.