Saturday, April 27, 2019

My roller coaster path to hell and this week's top Turner Report/Inside Joplin posts

The top 10 Turner Report posts this week have a slightly different look. Five of the top 10 involve, at least in part, me writing about personal topics.

The most unusual one, coming in at number three, was originally posted six months ago in which I wrote about making an insulting response to a reader and not having any regrets about it.

Some people who do not like me or the Turner Report (as hard as it is to believe, those people exist) began sharing the post this week in an effort to show people how despicable I truly am.

Apparently, I am full of hate and I am headed on a roller coaster path to hell.

Thankfully, I have their readership while I am taking the trip.








My guess is it didn't change too many people's views, but I still appreciate the added readership.

Coming in at number 10 is a holdover form last week. People seem to enjoy when I admit I am wrong. Fortunately, I don't have a problem doing that and have done that on those occasions when I have made mistakes.

Other personal topics included my revisiting my heart attack from three years ago and a bad review for my novel No Child Left Alive.

Crowder College Authors Fair

Thanks to the organizers of the annual Crowder College Authors Fair. I had an enjoyable time today, had the opportunity to talk with many people and also did readings from Lost Angels and Newton County Memories.

And thanks to Nancy Hughes for taking the photo that accompanies this post.

Lost Angels, Newton County Memories  available at The Book Guy in Joplin

Lost Angels; The Murders of Rowan Ford and Doug Ringler and Newton County Memories are now available at the Book Guy on 15th Street in Joplin.

The books can also be purchased at Always Buying Books and Changing Hands Book Shoppe in Joplin, Pat's Books in Carthage and Granby Auto Supply and Hardware in Granby and in paperback and e-book formats from Amazon.com

The top 10 posts for the Turner Report, Inside Joplin and Inside Joplin Obituaries and links to each of them are posted below:







The Turner Report

1. Don't drink the wine; it may explode

2. Neosho man pleads guilty to federal drug trafficking, weapons charges

3. I have no regrets about my insulting response to reader's comment, plus top posts for Turner Report, Inside Joplin this week

4. Hearing scheduled in felony DWI case of man who killed Joplin child, Neosho man

5. New review: No Child Left Alive "disgusting and an insult to anyone who cares about public education

6. Cynthia Davis: Mueller report shows Obama used the government to go after his political enemies

7. Sarah Mwangi named Joplin R-8 assistant superintendent of learning services

8. Three years ago this week, I said farewell to cheeseburgers

9. So you want to be a Joplin R-8 director of educational support and human services

10. I am sorry; I was wrong

Inside Joplin

1. Jasper Police: Keep an eye out for this sex offender

2. Woman wanted on dangerous drugs charge tried to elude Seneca police by cramming herself into suitcase

3. Jasper County Marriage Licenses April 9-23

4. Jasper County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions

5. Joplin Police Department Weekend Arrests

6. Joplin Police Department Arrests April 25-26

7. Jasper County Sheriff's Office Arrests

8. Joplin Police Department Arrests April 22-23

9. Four stores, including three from Carthage, sell liquor to minors during Jasper County Sheriff compliance check

10. Newton County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions

Inside Joplin Obituaries

1. Fred Whitehead

2. Nate Berry

3. Bethany Ward

4. Steve Ousley

5. Bill Woolever

6. Eric Lawson

7. Tim Tate

8. Tina Daniels

9. Lillian Hukill

10. Brenda Robertson

***
Lost Angels: The Murders of Rowan Ford and Doug Ringler is available in paperback and e-book formats at Amazon.com

No comments: