Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Turner Report began 16 years ago this week

I had never heard of blogs until shortly before I began publishing one in October 2003, but here it is 16 years and 29,760 posts later and I plan to keep it going.

You have joined me on a journey that has taken us through a horrific tornado, more than a few political scandals, murders that have shocked and saddened us, the passing of good friends and plenty of investigative reporting.

Advances in technology have enabled me to continue doing journalism, something I thoroughly enjoyed during my 22 years as a newspaper reporter and editor and the ever-increasing accessibility of public documents has enabled me to bring more information to readers that would have almost been totally unavailable in the past.







Thankfully, I have changed the look of the Turner Report from the way it looked when it first began as shown in this March 2004 screenshot from the Wayback Machine website.

Thanks to all of you who have been with me all or most of these 16 years and to those who have joined along the way.

Let's keep doing this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Randy!!!
Thank you for the service you provide. It's much appreciated!!