Sunday, December 20, 2015

Cecil Floyd principal to leave at end of school year

In a letter to parents, Cecil Floyd Principal Gayle Hennessey announced that she will retire at the end of the current school year.

The text of the letter is printed below:

Dear Cecil Floyd Families,

It is hard to believe that the first semester is already behind us and we are looking forward to second semester. During this second semester, there will be plans for the 2016-2017 school year.

In making those plans, I would like to announce that I will be retiring at the end of this 2015-2016 school year. I am announcing this early so that interviewing and hiring can be completed to get the best candidates. An early announcement will also help in creating a smooth transition plan for the new principal.

The Cecil Floyd community has been nothing but supportive, warm and welcoming to me. I couldn't ask for a better place to end my career in education. Being the principal of Cecil Floyd has truly been a dream come true. As I begin my new chapter in my life I will hold each person dear to my heart.

I am hoping your holidays are filled with family time, happiness and good health.

Sincerely,

Gayle Hennessey


No comments: