Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Greitens: I ask for your forgiveness

(From Gov. Eric Greitens)

Before I was elected governor, I made a mistake. It was a personal mistake, and I am sorry. I am sorry for the pain it caused to everyone impacted, including Sheena, our boys, our families, our friends, and people who have relied on me. I took responsibility with my family back when this happened, asked for God’s forgiveness and Sheena’s, and Sheena and I dealt with this together, privately. I was, and today I still am, grateful for her forgiveness and love.

Much has now been written about this, and many of the assertions made have not been truthful and have proven extremely hurtful to Sheena, as well as to me. For us, the allegations that go so far beyond the facts have made this much more difficult. I made a mistake, I regret it, and Sheena and I have dealt with it between us. For us, that is where this story starts, and that is where this story ends. We again ask for privacy for everyone involved.

Then and now, we are focused on moving forward. I ask for your forgiveness and hope you can find it in your heart to do so. I assure you that this personal mistake will not deter us from the mission we were sent here to do. We have been, and we will, continue to work for and to fight for the people of Missouri. We will take our state in a new and better direction. There is still much work to be done, and we are back to work for the people of Missouri.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are forgiven. Now repent and do the right thing by turning in your resignation.

Anonymous said...

He needs to go. This garbage needs cleaned no matter what side of the aisle you are on. This guy just feels slimy. He's a snake who's in way over his head. Has no working knowledge of state government, has atrocious character issues. This is an easy one...resign and either divorce your wife or begin the process of becoming a better human being. What ever happened to moral character being a criteria for our leaders? Somewhere in the 90s we became more divided than ever and the presidency began being viewed with little regard. It's sad to see what is happening to us as a society. And yes I know this has been a rant against republicans but I have absolutely no party affiliation. Democrats your closet isn't clean either so before you start in on this comment, turn your attention to how liberals in Hollywood have treated women. There's plenty of blame to go around.

Anonymous said...

Suuure.

No harm, no foul.

Right?

/s





Anonymous said...

Take a listen to his recorded 2015 phone conversation with John Brunner and you will see this man's character in full color. Nothing in it led me to believe that this man was a good person.

Anonymous said...

Is Greitens one of the Koch Brothers' KochRoaches?

Anonymous said...

Joplin sucks and so does Greitens!