Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Bond motion filed for accused killer of three-year-old Jayda Kyle

A bond motion for Jalen Vaden, 22, Joplin, who faces second degree murder and child abuse charges in connection with the December 1 death of three-year-old Jayda Kyle.

In the motion, which was filed this morning in Jasper County Circuit Court, Vaden's attorney Tracey Martin, Joplin, asks that bond be set at $250,000. Currently, he is being held in the Jasper County jail without bond.

Martin notes that Vaden is not charged with a capital crime, making him eligible for bond.

Vaden is willing to submit to electronic monitoring at his own expense, along with any other conditions imposed by the court.



The motion also cites the following reasons for setting bond:

-Vaden has strong ties to the community and is not a flight risk.

-He was employed full time prior to his arrest.

-He has never been arrested for any felony or misdemeanor for a violent or aggressive offense.

-He has family members who are willing to be responsible for him and there will be no children in the home.

-Vaden has not missed any court dates and will be there for all hearings.

Vaden has been in the Jasper County Jail since December 6.


Previous posts on Jayda Kyle murder

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And here we go again . . .

Anonymous said...

I am praying about this situation. The poor little girl lost her life and her brother was also there when it happened. His entire life has been turned upside down.

I hope people will learn something from this situation.
1) Do not allow anyone to discipline your child, only you. They are YOUR responsibility to correct and protect. It doesn't matter if you are the Mother or the Father. No boyfriend or girlfriend should ever ever lay one hand on that child.

2) Quit putting your responsibility off on others.

3) No one cares about your child like You Should.

4) If you don't want your child or don't have patience to care for your child call someone, get counseling, or give the child up for adoption.

Praying for protection for the innocent children who didn't aak to be born and depend on us to provide them love and care.

Anonymous said...

I truly believe there is more to the story than we are hearing. We the public need to be patient and let the authorities do their jobs. I watched Jaden grow up, had him in my home, took him to practice with my son...was he the perfect child, NO! Did I in a million years ever foresee THIS happening...NO WAY! I understand people can snap and do horrible things, I'm just saying that I think Jalen is not the only one at blame here.

Anonymous said...

What's truly sad in all of this is the fact that the McPherson's get to go on with life like nothing has even happened. Why? Because Judd has money and Jalen doesn't. It's really sad if you think about it. We having to keep fighting as a community and keep the heat on this case.

Anonymous said...

This kid doesn't look like an abuser or a killer. I don't know the story or the history. I do know he doesn't have a criminal record.
I do pray that the truth is made known. I would not want this young man to pay for a crime he did not commit. I also don't want anyone who is guilty of contributing to this child's death to go unpunished.
Just pray folks.

Anonymous said...

Why would the grandparents be found guilty? Because they interfered with a murder investigation! Why is that so hard to understand? Judd and Carmen are just as guilty in all of this as the worthless daughter.

Jealousy? Think maybe you're getting jealousy confused with justice. Look, Judd has done a lot of bad shit. He's just now getting caught is all. It's all just finally catching up.

Please do your research before making such comments. Do you really think it was okay for the grandparents to cover up a murder? I don't! I want the truth and I probably won't get it because of the good old boy bullshit here.

Finally, would I have called my parents upon murdering one of my kids? Are you serious? Are you special? Wait, you might be right if I thought my folks would've cleaned up a murder for me then apparently they are just as sick as I am.