Thursday, January 04, 2018

Country legend Mickey Gilley injured in rollover accident while headed to Branson

Country singer Mickey Gilley suffered a broken ankle during a rollover accident in Corrigan, Texas Wednesday.

From Rolling Stone:

Gilley was traveling through southeast Texas on his way to Branson, Missouri, when a vehicle ran a stop sign in front of Michael's 2013 Toyota SUV, causing them to swerve, strike the other vehicle and roll over several times before landing upside down in the highway's median. Both men were transported to a local hospital, treated and released.

On his Facebook page, Gilley offered reassurance to his fans:

"I have a big boot on my left leg. Other than that, I got to tell you, I'm doing pretty good. To be 81 years old and putting myself through what I've been through, it's kind of tough sometimes on the old man ... but I don't intend to retire. I'll be out there on the road and see you very soon.

Gilley owns and performs at the Mickey Gilley Theatre in Branson.

(Photo from Mickey Gilley Facebook page)

No comments: