Sunday, October 01, 2006

Woodward book hits shelves


Ever since I read "All the President's Men," which I still believe is the best advertisement for investigative reporting that has ever been created, I have eagerly awaited Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward's books.
Naturally, I was disappointed when I went to Books-A-Million in Joplin Saturday night and could find no trace of it on the shelves. Just as I was about to leave, I saw a young female employee wheeling a cart with a few dozen copies of a red-covered book. I took a closer look and saw that it was "State of Denial," Woodward's third book on the Bush presidency. I haven't had a chance to get far into it yet, since I have been spending most of my spare time this weekend doing some digging into campaign finance records, but I am ready to start in on it today.
For those who want a sampling of what the book says, it is excerpted in today's Washington Post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget, Woodward will be on 60 Minutes tonight (Sunday) to discuss his book & new revelations regarding the Bush Administration Iraq cover-up.

Anonymous said...

I watched, great interview.

Anonymous said...

The biggest news in that post was that someone still shops at Books-A-Million.