Thursday, December 17, 2020

KOAM anchor Dowe Quick shares story of his bout with COVID-19

Dowe Quick, executive producer and evening anchor at KOAM, shared his COVID-19 journey with viewers today, after being in isolation for the past several days.

Quick, 63, who recently celebrated his 40th anniversary at KOAM explained his absence.

"I've been away from the station for a while because COVID-19 hit home, my home.







"My wife, Kay, a health care worker, contracted it first. I tested positive a few days later."

Quick said their symptoms included headaches, joint pain, shortness of breath, fever and loss of smell, something he has yet to recover.

"But we've both been lucky," Quick said. "We were able to largely recover while isolating at home."

Quick thanked viewers for their support.

The accompanying video is from KOAM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too had Covid and feel blessed that I was able to recover at home.

God bless you and your wife, I am happy to hear you came through it well.