Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blog Net News bites the dust

It appears that Blog Net News, the blog aggregation site that has been published in various states, including Missouri, for the past few years is no more :

By now, many of you have no doubt noticed that BlogNetNews is no longer accessible. Driving the decision is, of course, money. Dave Mastio, who operated BNN, told me via email last week that the site has been losing enough money of late that it is for sale. In the meantime, it has shut down. He said he may restart it if the economy improves.

While I miss the opportunity to see at a quick glance what other Missouri bloggers are writing about, I can at least take some solace in knowing that The Turner Report finished in the number one spot in BNN's last weekly influence poll, and had that spot two of the last three weeks.

Now if someone could only tell me what that ranking actually meant and how the blog was able to achieve it, I would be truly thankful.

1 comment:

Busplunge said...

You know my thoughts on the ranking system....