Cecil Floyd Elementary has an outstanding reputation for providing an exceptional learning environment for Joplin students in kindergarten through 5th grade. Cecil Floyd prides itself on being one of Missouri's Top Ten Most-Improved Schools. Our committed staff promotes important life principles, a positive learning environment, discipline, and parental involvement. Cecil Floyd students benefit from an active PTO and strong community support.
Job Title: Elementary Principal
Location: Cecil Floyd Elementary
Reports to: Superintendent
Term: 10 Months
The principal is the instructional leader for his or her building and is responsible for the daily operation of the building.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An individual who holds this position is responsible for:
- Supervision of instruction
- Evaluation of staff
- Training of staff
- Making hiring recommendations to the Board
- General supervision of students
- Supervision of student activities and events
- Implementation of the professional development plan
- Maintaining building records
- Preparation and management of the building budget
- Creation and update of student handbooks
- Positive interaction with students
- Administration of student discipline
- Motivation of staff
- Administration of meal service and the free and reduced lunch program in the building in conjunction with the Food Service Director
- An individual who holds this position is expected to attend:
- Board meetings
- Student activities and events
- IEP meetings
Has supervisory responsibility over all building staff.
Master’s degree or higher in educational administration
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Missouri principal’s certificate for the appropriate grade levels
Skills and Abilities:
An individual who holds this position must have the ability to:
- Present information to staff members, other administrators and the Board of Education
- Respond to common questions and complaints
- Interview students and staff
- Read, analyze and interpret professional journals, government memos, Board policy, administrative procedure and statutes
- Write newsletter articles, staff memos and ordinary business correspondence
- Keep information confidential when required by law, policy or a particular situation
Ability to compute ratios, percentages and create and interpret graphs and figures
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Basic computer word processing, spreadsheet and research skills
Ability to access and create reports using the district’s student information software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
An individual who holds this position must frequently move in and around buildings and grounds to visit classrooms, attend meetings and supervise bus loading and unloading areas and sit for an hour or more at a time.
Must be able to hear a conversation in a noisy environment
Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this position
The work conditions and environment described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Conditions and Environment
The work environment is consistent with a typical office environment; however the individual who holds this position will occasionally be required to be outside in temperatures below freezing and above 100 degrees. The individual who holds this position is frequently required to work irregular or extended hours