Sunday, October 16, 2016
Links provided for top Turner Report/Inside Joplin posts for this week
And for the most part, they are all about different topics, though two do feature the Joplin Globe.
This week's list includes a revelation about a Missouri Southern State University running back, controversial statements by Sen. Ed Emery, R-Lamar, the Globe's endorsement of Hillary Clinton and how its cheerleading kept readers from finding out what was really going on with the Joplin Blasters, and a new job for former KODE news director Erik Schrader.
The list also includes a Turner Report exclusive on the nearly $2 million contribution GOP gubernatorial candidate Eric Greitens received from a shadowy group that appears to have been created solely for the purpose of laundering money, an update on the upcoming trial of a Neosho businessman on child pornography charges, commentary on the presidential debate, and more thought about the heinous practice of the Globe and other newspapers to charge grieving families for obituaries.
For the second week in a row, the top Inside Joplin post is about the unfortunate discovery of an unconscious MSSU student and his subsequent death.
1. Joplin Globe endorses Hillary Clinton- How many subscribers will it lose?
2. Ed Emery: Public education responsible for homosexuality, socialism
3. Lawsuit claim: Missouri Southern running back assaulted girlfriend three times
4. Lawyer wants delay for Neosho businessman's trial on child porn charges
5. Former KODE News Director Erik Schrader now top man at Cleveland stations
6. Tonight's debate and the Republican Party's nightmare
7. Billy Long: Democrats can't beat Donald Trump, but Republicans can
8. How the Joplin Globe neutered its sports staff to protect O'Brian, city elite
9. Readers, you should not have to pay for obituaries, wedding announcements
10. Greitens' $2 million contributor Seals for Truth- No Seals, no truth
1. MSSU student found unconscious in residence hall, dies at local hospital
2. JPD seeks help identifying credit card theft suspect
3. Carthage Police Department seeks help identifying these people
4. Carthage Police: Can you identify this woman?
5. Joplin man cited for felony assault, endangering a child after second DWI in a week
6. Jasper County Dissolution of Marriage Petitions
7. Joplin Police Department Arrests October 11-12
8. Joplin Police Department Weekend Arrests
9. Joplin Police Department Arrests October 13-14
10. Joplin Police Department Arrests October 10-11
Inside Joplin Obituaries
1. Travis Schiernbeck
2. Don Duckworth
3. Betty McCoy
4. David Michael
5. Dee Wilcox
6. Mitchell Aldridge
7. Sally Nichols
8. Randy Bland
9. John Phillips
10. George Carlin
As can be evidenced from the past few weeks' lists of top Turner Report/Inside Joplin posts, the blogs have delivered on the promise of more in-depth news coverage and commentary. Consider helping the blogs continue to provide a substantive alternative news source for the Joplin area by subscribing or making a contribution. You can do so at the buttons below or by sending your contribution to Randy Turner, 2306 E. 8th, Apt. G, Joplin, MO 64801. Thank you.