That was evident in the top two Turner Report posts, both featuring coverage of a motion by Jalen Vaden's attorney to have the statements he made to investigating officers suppressed.
There were also plenty of comments on the number three post of the week, a report on the increased role that Neosho R-5 Superintendent Dan Decker and Board President Steve Douglas have given to the district's public relations director.
The Vaden case and the Neosho school district accounted for six of the top 10 posts.
The top post on Inside Joplin was about the latest Empire District Electric rate increase. That should ease the worries of anyone who thought the new bosses might take the company in a different direction.
The Turner Report
1. Jasper County detective acknowledges Devyn Kyle's mention of McPherson treated differently than Jalen Vaden's
2. Judge overrules motion: Jalen Vaden's statements can be used at trial
3. Under Douglas/Decker stewardship, 26-year-old PR director takes lead role in Neosho R-5 District
4. Neosho R-5 voters give board president the heave-ho; Haskins, Wiest win three-year terms
5. Musser: You're stuck with me for another three years- Fort returns to Joplin R-8 board, Koch falls short
6. Joplin R-8 Board hires nine teachers, renews probationary contracts, accepts seven resignations
7. Preparing for bond issue, Neosho R-5 hires public relations director
8. Josh DePoe named Irving Elementary principal
9. Missouri Supreme Court will not rehear appeal of man who murdered Missouri Southern coach
10. Reader on Neosho R-5 PR director: Consider her workload before you criticize how much money she makes
1. Empire District Electric files request for increase in fuel adjustment charge, customers to see rate increase
2. Jasper County Sheriff seeking information on woman in connection with theft near Airport Village
3. Joplin Police Department Arrests April 2-3
4. Jasper County Sheriff's Office Arrests
5. Jasper County Dissolutions of Marriage
6. Joplin man drowns in Shoal Creek following pursuit by Seneca Police
7. Joplin Police arrest woman who couldn't remember her boyfriend's name on felony charges
8. Neosho toddler injured in two-vehicle accident on 86
9. Seneca man charged with DWI following one-vehicle accident near Racine
10. Joplin Police Department Weekend Arrests
Inside Joplin Obituaries
1. David Clyde
2. Matt Putnam
3. Linda Rush
4. Jeffrey Morgan
5. Kevin Grimes
6. Steve Killion
7. Mary Rountree
8. Jody Burgess
9. Debra Buckner
10. John Tyler
Investigative reporting, hard-hitting commentary, free obituaries, news you won't see anywhere else and a news operation where reader feedback is welcome, is appreciated and makes a difference.
The Turner Report/Inside Joplin blogs have made a difference in the Joplin area for the past several years and I have worked my hardest to keep improving the product.
Help me keep this service going and growing by taking a subscription or making a contribution. Subscriptions are $30 a year, $3 a month, or $1 per week. You can subscribe or donate any amount, large or small, at the PayPal buttons below or send your contribution or subscription to Randy Turner, 2306 E. 8th, Apt. G, Joplin, MO 64801.
Thanks for your support.