Friday, May 04, 2018

McCaskill on contractor's spending of taxpayer money on luxury vehicles: Somebody's head's got to roll on this

(From Sen. Claire McCaskill)

I'm appalled. I've fought government waste and mismanagement throughout my time in the Senate, but this is one of the worst examples I've seen yet.

I found out that a government subcontractor mismanaged more than $51 MILLION dollars.

Last week, my office released a report detailing this scandal and exposing that the government is still doing business with the company, and I questioned senior Pentagon officials about this gross misuse of taxpayer money.

And here's the kicker: guess what that contractor spent millions on instead of on training Afghan forces?

Fancy cars.

Bentleys, Porsches, and other luxury vehicles.

I can't believe that.

When I spoke to Secretary of Defense Mattis last week, he agreed.

These people shouldn't be anywhere near one dime of taxpayer money.

I asked those Pentagon officials why in the world we're still doing business with these crooks.

And I won't stop demanding answers.

With tens of millions of dollars flying around, frankly, nobody at the Pentagon's paying close enough attention. But I am - and I will get to the bottom of this.

Somebody's head's got to roll on this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good! Somebody needs to follow the money. Our grand children will still be paying the bills! And probably their grand children ...

Concerned citizen said...

Good old Claire ..she always unloads these points at election time but once elected votes repeatedly on programs that waste billions ....

Harvey Hutchinson said...

Concerned Citizen 5:21 am you are spot on

McCaskill has to go. She can hang with the other crooked lying person-/ her sister Hillary

Harvey Hutchinson 303-522-6622 voice&text

Anonymous said...

Hey Harvey, do you remember when a dead man beat your candidate for Senator? We don't and we are not about to let you put another Corporate stooge into that office.