Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Janet Kavandi on Astronaut Hall of Fame selection: I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I'm very honored

In an interview with Missourinet, Carthage High School and Missouri Southern State University graduate Dr. Janet Kavandi was characteristically modest about her recent selection to the U S. Astronaut Hall of Fame.

Kavandi described the Hall of Fame membership and her feelings about being chosen.

“People like the initial first seven astronauts, John Glenn is in there, Neil Armstrong, a whole host of the original early astronaut corps and select people since that time frame. It’s just unbelievable. I don’t know what I did to deserve it but I’m very honored to have been selected.”

Kavandi first flew on the Space Shuttle Discovery in 1998 and later flew two more missions.







Earlier posts

Carthage, MSSU graduate Janet Kavandi to be inducted into U. S. Astronaut Hall of Fame.

Kavandi flight remembered

No comments: