Saturday, September 01, 2018

McCaskill: I am fighting to protect working people's pensions and to end trade war

(From Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-MO)

This weekend I'm thinking about Missouri's working families.

It's a day off for some, but it's also our chance to pay tribute to those who fought for better rights and protections for working families -- like the minimum wage, the 40-hour work week, Social Security and Medicare.

Labor Day is also our chance to think about the future we want for our kids, and recommit ourselves to the battles still being waged today to make Missouri's working families more secure.

That's why I'm fighting to protect working people's pensions, and it's why I'm fighting to end this trade war that's already costing hardworking Missourians their jobs.


It's why I've always stood up for our farmers and union workers, and it's why I've fought hard to give Missourians the raise they deserve.

It's why I'll never stop fighting for Missouri families.

I know that working people built this country, and strengthening working families should be our focus every single day.

I hope all Missourians get to spend this special weekend with their loved ones. As we celebrate, it's another chance to express our shared commitment that all Americans deserve the opportunity to work, and to have workplace protections that provide a path to a stronger economic future.

This Labor Day, I pledge to continue fighting for working families every day as your Senator.

2 comments:

Concerned citizen said...

Weekly brattle from she has been there Claire...retire her!

Anonymous said...

If your option is Claire or Josh Hawley, who wants to bring back “pre-existing conditions” back to the insurance industry, then Claire is the only choice that doesn’t make things worse for average citizens.