Monday, September 21, 2015

Graves: Planned Parenthood exists when human life not valued

(From Sixth District Congressman Sam Graves)

I am blessed to have three great kids. My youngest daughter just started her first year at Mizzou. The day we welcomed Emily into our family still doesn’t seem that long ago.

Like any parent, I had so many emotions when my children were born. Mainly, I was relieved they were healthy, and just in awe of the miracle of life. But something else happened to me on those days. With the arrival of each of my children, I became more convinced that those of us who are pro-life are on the right side of the issue.

I have tried to hold true to these convictions throughout my time in public office. I have helped introduce legislation banning abortion 20 weeks into a pregnancy, voted to strengthen parental consent laws, and have always held that tax dollars should never be used to fund abortions.

And just last week, the House approved a one-year moratorium on all federal funds for Planned Parenthood affiliates.

But ending the disgusting, inhumane behaviors discussed in these videos extends beyond any legislature. We need to step back and ask why an American organization that claims to support public health is willing to commit such heinous acts. Because while Planned Parenthood is our focus now, we have to realize that Planned Parenthoods will always exist in a society that does not value human life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still using those proven to be faked videos to further their cause.

kitty chiwawa said...

Who will provide family planning and cancer screening for those that have been relying on PP for these services? Give the patients an alternative, since you've taken away a resource that provides much needed, life-saving cancer prevention and helps to greatly reduce unplanned pregnancy? Do they not realize what they've done? I predict they'll be surprised by the impact of their mission to defund PP.

Diane H. said...

Kitty--Believe me when I tell you that they have plans in the works for who will have their hands on those tax dollars, because although in one place in the bill it declares a "moratorium" or freeze it also states that the monies will be "re-distributed" to alternative providers of these services. Extant services are already overwhelmed, which means (SURPRISE) additional, alternative providers will have to be created.