Friday, September 29, 2017

KRPS profile on the Turner Report/Inside Joplin

I had the pleasure recently of sitting down for an interview with Fred Fletcher-Fierro of public radio station NPR for a profile that was broadcasted on one of the local segments during Morning Edition.

I missed out on hearing the profile when it first aired, but Fletcher-Fierro was kind enough to send me a link to it.

In the interview, I talk about my rather suspect beginning in journalism at the Newton County News in 1977, about the influence my editor at the Lamar Democrat in 1978 Lou Nell Clark had on my subsequent reporting, how I became a blogger and how I do the Turner Report and Inside Joplin.

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was great! Good job, Randy!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding!