Friday, December 20, 2013

How I stopped a brazen broad daylight break-in

I do not believe in vigilante justice, by any means, but there are times when you see something happening and you don't have time to wait and contact the law.

That's what happened to me Thursday afternoon as I was talking to a friend in the parking lot at Price Cutter in Joplin and saw someone preparing to break into my car, a maroon Ford Taurus.

Wasting no time and not even taking into consideration life or limb. I shouted, "What are you doing?"

The man looked up at me sheepishly- it was obvious what he was attempting..Stirring up my courage, I told him to stop what he was doing- and I told him exactly where to go- to the front of the parking lot where a lady who was driving another maroon Ford Taurus had locked her keys out of her car and was desperately trying to catch the locksmith's attention.

Another day, another crime prevented.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Randy, you are a stitch!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny!