Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Former East Newton R-6 Board president Mark Knight files for Newton County Commission

Mark Knight, who served on the East Newton R-6 Board of Education for 15 years, including nine as board president, filed for District One Newton County Commissioner today on the first day of filing.

Knight outlined his reasons for running and his qualifications in entries on his campaign Facebook page

I am extremely concerned and distressed about the extreme wastefulness that our commissioners have spent on lawsuits past and present. There has been an astronomical amount of money spent on legal fees due to internal conflicts within the county and not honoring an agreement with the City of Neosho. 

We owe it to the people of Newton County to work together as a team with cooperation and communication. We need to rebuild the trust in our local county officials. 







I have had many years of running a business and owning a business. I have had many years of working with large numbers of employees with extremely successful results. 

I want the county to work harmoniously with administration and employees. I am not a politician, I am a manager and a concerned citizen. I can help the county if given the chance. I am asking for your vote.

A lifelong resident of Newton County. I graduated from East Newton High School in 1975. I continued my education at m Missouri Southern, graduating 1979, majoring in Economics and Finance and Marketing Management. 








After graduating college, I went to work for Teledyne Neosho for the next 32 years. working my way up to General Manager. Upon my departure, I purchased and ran a small business for the next 8 years. I retired as much as one can to the family farm in 2019.

Community Service: I have served our community beginning in 2000 on the East Newton School Board for 15 years, the last nine as Board President. I have also had the privilege of serving and still do as a Commissioner on the Midway Special Road District for the last 18 years.

Family Life: My wife, Martha, and I have 3 boys. I serve as Senior Warden Church of Our Savior, Anglican Church in Joplin, MO for the last 18 years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone has to be better than the two ccurrent commissioners. Cook and Osborn always vote together and it always costs the taxpayers. Now Osborn's son is running for county treasurer so they can hide even more misdeeds

Teddy Steen said...

Mark Knight would make a great County Commissioner. He is honest, strong and when he believes in something he will get things done. I have known him for years and he is a public servant and a successful Business man. He will certainly have my vote!!

Anonymous said...


It really looks like they spent funds to find a $350,000 check screw-up, written solely by the county treasurer, which was a statute violation. Knight can join his buddy, the new Auditor, and his father, and they can protect his statute violations. Sometimes, it costs money to expose corruption.

Anonymous said...

837 By the looks for some of the sons postings, he's shining a light on the current treasurers misdeeds.